Statement of Faith
Landmark Christian School is without question a faith-based organization. Students attending LCS can expect a Christian learning environment that, in addition to traditional education, focuses on training up strong, spiritual and Godly young people, molding them day-by-day into men and women made in the image of Christ.
In this pursuit, we emphasize the following:
- The Word of God
- The Oneness of God
- The Salvation of God
- The Holiness of God
- The Love of God
The Word of God
- 2 Timothy 3:15-17: And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
- 2 Peter 1:20-21: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
- 2 Timothy 2:15: Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
The Oneness of God
- Deuteronomy 6:4: Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
- 1 Timothy 3:16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
- John 8:24, 27: I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. ... 27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.
- Ephesians 4:5-6: One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
- Philippians 2:9-11: Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
The Salvation of God
- Romans 3:23-24: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
- Acts 2:37-39: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
- Titus 3:5: Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
The Holiness of God
- Hebrews 12:14: Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
- Ephesians 4:22-24: That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
- 1 Peter 1:13-16: Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: 15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
- Psalms 96:9: O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth.
The Love of God
- John 3:16-17: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
- 2 Peter 3:9: The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
- Romans 2:4: Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
- Psalms 36:7: How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.
- 1 John 4:16-18: And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
- John 15:12-13: This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.